If you are given a chance to go to outside Singapore for a romantic getaway, what city would you choose? More Singaporeans prefer Europe. What particular city then? Well, for a start you can try Paris. Paris is an excellent choice because it is dubbed as the “city of love”. You can see it from the movies.
Speaking of Paris and movies, do you know some classic movies set in the city? You might want to check these movies to convince you what a great destination Paris would be. Here are the movies:
- Julie & Julia: Julie & Julia is a movie about mastering the French cooking. The characters were Julie Powell (as Amy Adams) and Julia Child (as Meryl Streep). In this story, Julie Powell sought to prepare all recipes from Julia Child’s cookbook. It is about fulfilling a dream at the same time conquering French cuisine with fearlessness, passion and of course, a lot of butter.
- Funny Face: Talk about classic – Audrey Hepburn. The movie is a comedy/musical-romance. It is set in Paris that tackles about an aspiring all-star model (Audrey Hepburn) together with her photographer.
- Midnight in Paris: There is a certain magic that occurs at midnight for an aspiring novelist Gil Pender (as Owen Wilson). Every stroke of midnight, he will be transported to Jazz Age where he freely chats with famous novelists like Picasso and Hemingway.
- Moulin Rouge: Who can forget this classic? Played by Nicole Kidman (who by the way won a Golden Globe for her role). The story is about the brightest star that charmed a poet and duke.
- Ratatouille: If you are in for a little bit of mayhem, romance, drama as well as amusement, Ratatouille is the best choice. It is an animated film that features a master chef rat and the human sous chef. They are on to impress a food critic.
- Before Sunset: Have you watched Richard Linklater’s Before Sunrise? Before Sunset is its sequel. It features Jesse (Ethan Hawke) and Celine (Julie Delpy). This romantic film tries to pursue the duo’s second chance at love.
Need more convincing? Without or without movie set, Paris is beautiful as it is. It would be a waste if you will not explore it. Yes, to go there you need more money but at the end of the day, it is the experiences that count. What are you waiting for? Bring your loved ones with you or if not, just wander the city and experience its marvels alone.
Leave a Reply