Who would have ever thought that one day we will get to make phones calls for free? That is what Voice over Internet Protocol or VoIP means. Also called Internet Telephony and IP Telephony, it’s a new technology that’s still being developed to improve the traditional phone system. So, how does VoIP Singapore work and how is it different from the traditional communication system used at homes and offices?
VoIP is Usually Cheap or Free
One of the pioneers of the use of VoIP for communication was Skype, an application that allows people to send instant messages and make voice or video calls for free no matter where you are in the world.
One reason why a lot of people are preferring VoIP is because it cuts down the cost of communication, but it also has features that make it much better and more efficient than the traditional phone system. VoIP Singapore has made calling friends and loved ones more accessible to everyone, especially with the rapid developments in technology and communication.
Some also claim that it’s free, and that is also true, because you can use VoIP from www.crystalvoice.com.sg in Singapore for free as long as you have an Internet connection and a computer with speakers and microphone. Now, it is also possible to use VoIP on your mobile phone and home phone.
So why is it cheaper? VoIP uses the already existing infrastructure by transmitting the sounds you create over the Internet through the IP Protocol. As a result of this technology, you will only be paying for your electric bill and the Internet bill to use a VoIP service.
How to Make Free Internet Calls
To use VoIP, you will need the following:
• Computer or mobile device such as smartphones or tablets
• VoIP software or application
• Internet connection capable of VoIP communication
• Speakers or earphones/headphones with a microphone (mobile devices have a built-in speaker and microphone)
• SIP address that will identify you when you use the Internet (this is given to you by your service provider)
• VoIP service that includes calls
To make free Internet calls, just use the software or application on your computer and mobile device by registering. After that, you can start calling or video calling anyone, even outside Singapore, as long as the receiver is also using the same software or application. The calls will not use up the minutes in your phone because it’s free.
Types of VoIP Services
There are different ways to use VoIP technology depending on your location and how you are going to make the call. It will also vary with the type of VoIP service you are using.
1. No-Monthly-Bill Services. This service includes a hardware that you can get during a one-time payment, but allows you to make unlimited calls without paying for more services.
2. Software-Based Services. This type of service will require the installation of a VoIP application on your portable device or computer and by registering to use such application. The application is used to make and receive calls from and to landline and mobile phones. The receiver of your calls will also require the application and can receive the call for free.
3. Home Phone Replacement Residential Services. This replaces your usual landline phone, but you will keep your phone adapter and only the monthly services will be billed. It can also be used by business that have IP phones.
4. Mobile VoIP Services. You will need to install the VoIP application on your mobile phone and other portable hardware, as well as the use of a 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi connection to make it work. When making or receiving calls, you will be paying only for the Internet connection and hardware.
5. VoIP Services for Business. This type of service is based on the IP PBXes and internal networks of the business. It will also include VoIP system management outsourcing, hosting, and other features.
VoIP Services Used in Businesses Today
Cloud VoIP or cloud phone system is a business telephone platform based on VoIP and is hosted by a third-party provider. What is great about cloud VoIP is its telephony and security features which are more advanced than other VoIP services, such as its auto attendants, extension dialing, and conference bridges. Using cloud VoIP will allow your business establishment to cut down on the information technology overhead like maintenance and security measures. Besides that, cloud VoIP is more secure, easy to use, can do remote working and scalability, and has advanced integrations and features.
Hosted Private branch exchange or Hosted PBX (sometimes called virtual PBX or centrex) is a phone system that is delivered as a hosted service by one of the VoIP Singapore companies. Like cloud VoIP, hosted PBX will cut down the company’s cost in buying expensive equipment for a working phone system, plus it also includes other features such as calling logs, conference calling, automated greetings, call auditing, touchtone menu, faxing, voicemail, and others. When choosing a company for your hosted PBX, make sure that they can perform the switching or routing for you and are also capable of handling and maintaining the hardware and software required for a hosted PBX.
PBX Phone System
Private branch exchange phone system or PBX phone system is used by a business or company as their own private telephone network. Instead of the traditional PBX phone system which can either be system-lock-in or vendor-lock-in, the current trend in the IP PBX telephone system is to use the Internet Protocol as a medium to deliver messages. The company is no longer limited to a number of extensions or internal telephone devices and trunks or outside telephone lines. IP PBX telephone system is ideal for businesses which have multiple departments or offices because they also include advanced features such as queues, voicemail, ring groups, digital receptionists, and reporting.
Leave a Reply