Sweaty hands has plagued so many people, either on a daily basis or during stressful times. Luckily, this can now be easily remedied by undergoing a surgery or by getting Botox injections. But if you don’t have the budget to go through these procedures, you can simply scour your kitchen cupboard and use any of the following at-home sweaty palm remedy.
- Tea Soak. Not only is it good for calming your nerves, the tannin’s astringency in tea bags might also help in keeping your palms from sweating. In a large basin, formulate a large batch of black tea using one quart of water and five tea bags. Once you’re done steeping the bags and cooling the solution, soak your hands for half an hour each night. For a busy person, you can do a portable treatment by holding a damp tea bag in each hand once a day.
- Antiperspirants. Another good way to treat sweaty hands is by using roll-on antiperspirants. Opt for a more solid product instead of the spray-on type, and make sure that the label specifies that the product dries clear. Aside from that, the label should also indicate that it’s an antiperspirant and not just a deodorant that controls odour.
- Rubbing Alcohol. Similar with tea, rubbing alcohol is also an astringent liquid. So before you go someplace where sweaty palms are an issue, wipe a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol over your palms first. Just avoid using it as your daily treatment, since it may dry out your hands.
- Cold Water Soak. You may not know it but cold water can actually act as a natural astringent. However, its effects tend to wear off sooner compared to other treatments. Simply perform a 30-minute hand soak using a cold water to prevent your palms from sweating for three hours.
- Absorbent Powder. Baking soda, corn starch, talcum powder and any other absorbent powdered materials may be useful when it comes to absorbing light hand sweat. Also, try mixing powdered herbs with astringent or deodorizing properties with your chosen powder. Some good powdered herbs include lemon, lavender, sage and orange peels. If you happen to experience severe hand sweating however, experts suggest skipping this treatment as the material will only end up caking heavily and might trigger some skin irritation.
Even without going through surgery or getting Botox injection, it’s now possible for you to manage your sweaty palm issues. Just choose the at-home remedy that works best for you and you’ll no longer need to suffer from this problem ever.
Leave a Reply