Is there any beauty bummer that’s worse than a classic bad hair day? A smudged makeup can be fixed easily, but a flat, frizzy or flyaway hair? That’s an entirely different story, and it’s one of the scenarios you’d surely want to avoid on your wedding day. So ensure that your strand situation goes smoothly for your big event by keeping this wedding hair do’s and don’ts in mind.
- Consult a Hairdresser. This is probably the most important thing to do for your wedding hairstyle. Consulting a professional hairstylist is the best option to make your hair look neat and healthy on your big day. Just bring some sample photos of the hairstyle that you’d want to wear on your big event, along with the accessories and headpieces that you’ll be using.
- Get a Haircut Beforehand. Not only will this make you look fresh, getting a haircut several weeks before your wedding day will allow your strands to healthily settle before getting it styled on the day itself. If you’re only planning to have a trim, then visit your stylist a week before your big event, but if you’re going to get an actual haircut, have it done three to four week before so that your hair has enough time to adjust to its new length.
- Condition Your Hair a Week Before. If you want to ensure that your strands are in their tip-top shape during your big day, get a good hair conditioning treatment a week before the actual day. This will surely leave your hair softer, shinier and more vibrant – just how a bride’s hair should be.
- Do Drastic Measures on Your Hair. It only means not getting a crazy haircut or hair colour that you’ve never tried before. If you want to try out some new haircut or colour, do it several weeks before your wedding day to give yourself enough time to fix it in case it turns out into a disaster.
- Decide on Your Hairstyle in the Last Minute. This is probably one of the worst things that you can do on your big day. Avoid this by choosing a particular hairstyle beforehand, and testing it out along with the headpieces and accessories that you’ll be using for your big day. Also, ensure that the style you’re going with compliments your face and hair well.
By simply following these wedding hair do’s and don’ts, you’ll surely get a healthy, gorgeous-looking hair that’ll make you bloom even more as you walk down the aisle.