Adding life and giving some new twists in a hairstyle can be as easy as adding in some accessories – but how do you know what accessories to use and where to start with it? Here, we’ve listed down some of the commonly used hair accessories, as well as the ways on how you can wear them.
- Hairband. Wearing hairbands is one of the best ways to liven up simple hairstyles like a French braid, a messy bun or a ponytail. If you’re heading to more formal occasions like weddings, there are some lovely wire hairbands to choose from. Most of these hairbands look simple, yet elegant with ornamental fixtures like pearls and diamantes.
- Barrettes. An easy way to make a simple hairstyle look more elegant is to use barrettes instead of hair elastics. Simply tie your hair in a ponytail and tease the strands under the barrette so that it’ll hold firmly then snap it close to your nape. What’s amazing about this accessory is that it has different styles that perfectly fits almost any outfit.
- Bobby Pins. Truly an absolute favourite and a classic hair accessory – bobby pins! They’re just the perfect way to keep a tricky hairstyle in place, or to clip back all the unwanted stray hairs. Luckily, ‘camouflaged’ bobby pins that match your hair colour are now available so that they can discreetly hold your hairstyle together. Other than that, there are also bobby pins adorned with jewels and ribbons of some sort that you can use and wear as a part of your hairstyle.
- Ribbons. You just simply can’t go wrong with a ribbon – you can tie it around your messy bun, weave it through your braids or simply wrap it around the front of your hair. The good thing is there are heaps of ribbons on the market in all sizes, shapes, patterns and colours to choose from.
- Fasteners. These are just the perfect accessory for formal occasions. Not only do fasteners look great with curly or wavy hair and a pretty dress, they’re also very versatile and come in different colours and styles that suits most face shapes.
Whether you’re wearing your hair up or down, adding in some hair accessories can help in freshening up any hairstyle. So start accessorizing your lovely locks now and see how your favourite accessory instantly livens your hairstyle.
Leave a Reply