Airplane is the greatest transportation invention. Airplanes outwit bullet trains and ships because of how fast it can transit people, package and other things. Thank God for this! However, we can never be safe and secure in airplanes because there are many looming things that can happen anytime. We have to be prepared for possible things.
In this case, we need to make sure that we stay healthy in the plane. Some Singaporeans think that airplanes are giant-germ mobile. Germs are everywhere and we do not want to be exposed and remain unprotected so when packing, we have to make sure that we bring antibacterial things to help us fight germs, bacteria and the like.
Aside from bringing things, we have to practice things. Here are some practices we can consider to stay healthy in the airplane:
- Wipe the seat: Other people will see us with Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour but it pays to be careful of where we sit. Before sitting, we have to make sure that we wipe the seat, tray table, arm rests and seatbelts with antibacterial wipes.
- Sneeze in the bend of our arm: When we ride the airplane, we have to be conscious of other passengers as well. We can do this by practicing our manners. When we sneeze, we have to cover our mouth because it can spread viruses or bacteria. We should not cover our mouth with our hands because we are going to touch other things and the viruses or bacteria will still spread. The best thing that we can do is sneeze in the bend of our arm.
- Do not sniffle: Bacteria love sniffing. We should not let it thrive so we have to blow our nose. We have to blow it in a tissue and throw it away immediately. We have to remember that sniffing it will only make things worse.
- Keep hydrated: We have to stay hydrated even if we are in the plane. Air in the airplane is dry that it will parch our lings, nose and throat. If this happens, our body will try to remedy it with runny nose. We learned that sniffling is not good because bacteria thrive. We can prevent this from occurring if we stay hydrated.
- Do not trust tap water: If we are in an unfamiliar territory, tap water is not our best friend. We have to stick to bottled waters if we want to be safe. Even when washing our hands, we have to use plenty of soap because there are studies that show plane water contain fecal matters.
There are still more things that we can do to stay healthy while flying. Most importantly, let us not forget to enjoy the ride.